Businesses are powerful constituents of society and the most successful, respected, and desirable businesses exist to do much more than make money; they exist to use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems.
Vaighai takes pride in being a great neighbor and a responsible corporate citizen. we strive to make a positive impact on the society and the environment in which we operate. Our efforts in the areas of Education, Environment and Eye Care are an endeavour towards achieving this end. We also promote our philosophy to our employees and stakeholders and have been diligently working as a team to promote it. Our view of CSR extends beyond charity; it is a means to create self-sustaining communities that we can nurture for a long period of time. We would like all the people connected with us – our employees, customers and Partners take pride in their association with Vaighai. We shall continue to focus on this area and be responsible Corporate Citizens
- Helping the society monetarily in the fields of Education, Health and Sports through Vaighai Foundation
- Eye Checkup for the surrounding villages
- Blood donation by Vaighaians through yearly camps and emergencies
- Giving back to the society a part of our earnings
- Adopting a secondary school for overall improvement in facilities
- Spiritual service by building and maintaining places of worship.
The clear objective of all CSR activities is to have a positive impact on the everyday lives of our key stakeholders and on business. Unless the same is achieved, it will not lend itself to sustainability. The CSR programmes and activities are aligned to national and international development goals, in particular related to Health & Environment.
- Improving the manufacturing processes
- Reduction of ground water usage by up to 50% over the past 2 years
- Decreasing the use of scarce natural resources
- Zero liquid effluent discharge
- High efficiency gas based power plant for captive power
- Eliminating the release of harmful pollutants into the environment
- Reducing fuel consumption through better energy efficiency and product yield
- 36 hours of training per employee per year encompassing leadership, safety , skill and self development.
- Ambitious target of “Zero Incidents”